Old 03-14-2013   #1
Grants Pass, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1993
Jacks Roll Down Duffle

Anyone have any experience with these? I am looking at buying a duffle drybag and saw these. I have used a Jacks outfitter bag the last couple years and am happy with it but now wanting a duffle. My Jacks bag has always seemed to make a good seal and keep my stuff dry. Anyone have any bad experiences with the Jacks bags? I am down to the Jacks Duffle or a Watershed bag.

Katboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #2
salmon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
I have the nrs driduffle and absolutely love it.. never had a drop of water in it all though it has never been submerged, knock on wood.

codycleve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #3
Jenks, Oklahoma
I have several of Jack's round gear bags, in fact one each of his three sizes. Couple have been in use (since I am retired a lot of use) and have had zero leakage and no damage that I can see. They are all pretty old the first two ten plus years, I forgot when I got them.

I have one of his new style roll down duffle style, just have not put the use on it like the others.

Like Jack's other stuff the bags are bomber and a lifetime of use.

I also have several Watershed bags and only had one of them leak, this was one of the early models and I used it as a possibles bag in my kayaks. It cracked along the fold line. Lasted many years and I tossed it and picked up another and it has been bomber for years. Mine are all the smaller sizes not the big long ones. Several of my boating buds do use the big Watersheds instead of the Jack's style on multiday floats and have never had problems. The plus is being easy to get to the inside stuff whatever. The material especially the new ones, may well be as strong as Jack's raft material but just not to me. Maybe just me tho as I have not torn any of mine.

Bottom line I think both are worth the money, your choice!
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #4
Tenacious B
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002
Watershed. As tested by being upside down through Wolf Creek on the Selway.
It's kinda silly to say how well your drybag works if it's never been submerged....
I easily fit my sleeping bag, pillow,all my clothes and random stuff that must stay dry in the Colorado. M'lady and I share it for clothes on Multi day trips.
I use old sleeping bag bags or similar to somewhat categorize my clothes. Makes it a bit easier to find things.
Ben Bade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #5
vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
I have a watershed Colorado for any clothing that absolutely has to stay dry. The sleeping bags go into std drybags (sealine) and we use a pair of seattle sports duffles for clothing etc cause they are easy to access. The zipper on the watershed is pretty awesome
slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #6
Prineville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2010
I've had my Watershed Ocoee submerged for twenty minutes under a strainer with my cell phone inside. Not a drop. The price seemed reasonable after that.
BryanS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #7
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Watershed all the way. I have 5 of them in all sizes. 2 Colorados, Yukon, Chattooga, Ocoee.
Yep.....I'm a gear head
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #8
East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
Something to think about- if you are going to take a dry bag on an airplane, roll top styles will burst if you have any air left in them and they're closed. Watersheds can be closed, with a small gap in the zipper- and they are fine. I once had the pleasure of standing at the baggage carousel and seeing my dry bag come down the chute with all my crap puked out the top. I don't buy roll top bags anymore-

Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote