Mountain Buzz banner

I need a good foot pump. Anyone heard of Sierra pump? pic included.

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  raftus 
#1 ·
I float arctic Alaska rivers each fall. Usually in our Ally pack canoe, but recently got a 14' Sotar bucket for some more challenging rivers. I need a high quality and reliable foot pump. Saw this "Sierra" pump on The Boat People website. Anyone familiar with it. If not, any suggestions for a good pump. These trips have 100-200 mile bush flights, very remote, and I want to be sure I have a reliable pump. Thanks for any ideas guys.

Below is the description from the website...

"Our very highest quality foot pump is the Sierra, which we've sold since 1985. At $119 it's no bargain, but for rafters who want something reliable to pack along, they don't get any beefier than this bad boy. 3/4" marine plywood bellow plates, 840 denier black hypalon bellows, stainless hinges, super strong spa hose, and hinge bolts that penetrate all the way through the plywood make this pump the toughest you can buy. At five pounds it is pretty heavy, so it may not be the best one for inflatable kayakers wanting to stow a pump behind the seat. "Normal" footpumps, like this one, the Bravo II, 7M, and 8's won't put out more than maybe 2.8 or 3 p.s.i., so if you want to get your Lynx really firm either a Bravo top-off model or one of the hand pumps below might be better."

See less See more
#3 ·
Got one, but didn't pay anywhere near that price.

Great pump. I use it at the put-in (instead of a screeching electric blower), then take a Bravo II on the river to top off.

Gary— I looked at the Agri website and didn't find the pump you mention. What's the SKU?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.