Old 05-10-2006   #1
How well does a LL CR125 play?

Seems like a lot of folks are questioning the ease of throwing down those bulbous looking ends - whispering it gives up a lot of play to achieve it's river runner status. But I don't think too many people have actually paddled one. Anyone with first hand experience care to comment? How much do you weigh? The nearest demo is far far away, but I could make the trek if it really seems like a promising boat. I'm looking for a river running playboat, not a pure playboat, but within that category I want a boat that really can play. I'm 170lbs. Thanks.

bouyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #2
If you can get to Golden playpark next thurs. Confluence Kayaks and Liquid Logic will be there so you can see if that CR does what you want it to.

Swim team capt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #3
Bow goes down fairly easily in flat water. Stern is another story. It's pretty thick back there. Surfs/spins well due to the long planing surface. If you're playing in some pillowy holes, it should be easier to throw around. It's not a flatwater play boat, though. Overall, I really like it. It's an awesome big-water play boat.
Curtis_Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006   #4
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
CR 125

Loops, boofs, spins, splats, splits, wavewheels, and flatwater ends. The CR 125 will do it all. You do need some kind of beachball to loop though. Runs up to class V stuff good.

I've paddled it 4 times now and loving it more each time I get in it. Think of it as the improved Pop.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #5
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
CR 125 Play?
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote