Old 05-18-2010   #11
Kayak/SUP Instructor
The High Ground, Colorado
Originally Posted by N. Wigston View Post
If you want to paddle rivers of any level with confidence, get the remix. The remix is stable, comfortable, fast, and certainly more high performance than the hero.

"Let us cross the river to the other side and rest beneath the shade of the trees." ~ Last words of Thomas Jonathan ''Stonewall' Jackson
Theophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #12
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
dude, go with the hero, you cannot beat that deal and it will be a great boat for you

jrowla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #13
Buy the Hero for the price, try it out a few times. If you just hate the boat, you can sell it for what you paid for it. As a beginner, you won't notice much difference other than the flat hull of the Hero.
dlcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #14
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2007
Paddled Both...

I paddled both the hero and the remix 69. I liked different things about each boat. The hero felt like a big playboat that was really easy to maneuver. The Remix was fast and plowed through holes easier. LL outfitting is so much more comfortable than Jackson, although I really like the easy adjustability of the Jackson's. Lastly, I'm not impressed with the supposedly superior cross linked plastic on Jackson boats. I own a Fun, and if I even see a rock i get deep gouges. I ended up getting a Remix because I had a great offer, and have been very happy so far. Both boats would be great for you though.

.02 cents
windriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #15
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Hero you won't be sorry! I have the Super Hero larger model and love it! I never paddled the remix I sat in it and it just seemed so huge. I wanted the boat for big water runs and clear creek type runs which need quicker turning and the SH has been the perfect boat. And you can surf it!
Normal is a setting on your washing machine!
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #16
Edge o' the Dust Bowl, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1982
Hopman, as reflected here, seems that people either love Jacksons or hate 'em. Doesn't seem that there's much in-between sentiment. Agree with several here - that's a great deal. I'll bet this week's lunch money that you won't be warped for life if you get the Hero. What's the worst that could happen compared to getting a Remix? Hero's a pretty sporty ride. Every boat is a set of compromises. Pick your set, get on the river, and have some fun!
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #17
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Personally, I would say that LL has much better plastic and a better warranty. also, Jackson is known for playboats not river runners. That being said, for the price definatly get the hero. a 2010 one for 600 is an awesome deal and if you really REALLY hate it you could easily sell it for the same price if not more.
Mmcquillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #18
Fanta Se', New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2007
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Pick your set, get on the river, and have some fun!
Can't argue with that! Your in it for the fun and to learn, both are great boats made by great companies. If you haven't noticed kayaking is F'in expensive. Save your money and put it towards another piece needed equipment (float-bags, paddle, skirt, water wings, ect...)
Lt Col Pinkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #19
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
possumturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010   #20
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
You better buy that Hero quick or someone else will. Thats a $1400 boat new. Probably could get $900 for it even though its used, I mean it was released this winter how used can it be! I paddle a super hero and love it, but I'm a firm believer in its not the boat its the paddler.

goldcamp is offline   Reply With Quote