Old 06-21-2004   #1
Help! Prijon Embudo trouble

I recently bought an Embudo. In powerful hydraulics the sprayskirt comes undone at the sides, where the cockpit has that funky molding. Has anyone else experieced this problem? Is there a brand of sprayskirt that will prevent this? I have a Harmony LC1 skirt.

borbelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004   #2
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
I know exactly what you mean. Whoever designed that cockpit rim with a bend in it should be taken out in the street and shot! For some reason some people experience this problem all the time, and others their skirt has never popped off. I had an embudo for 2 seasons and my skirt never came off, once I got broached with a shit load of water pouring on the my skirt and the sides popped off like you said, but that was the only time it happened. All I can suggest is maybe a keyhole skirt instead of a universal, a keyhole is a bit smaller and maybe will grip a little tighter????

badkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004   #3
dropzone, Colorado
try a quality bungee rand skirt like a snapdragon or the new IR. It seems to me that the bungee will be able to conform to the kink much better than a rubber rand.
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004   #4
Stundent/raft guide
Send a message via MSN to JKB

Just a thought. I don't know if you use one but an implosion bar might help. I use a wildwasser eldo xt with a removabale implosion bar. it has always helped me out it big holes. I am now paddling a creeker 225 and have swithched from the embudo. Or like acc said get the new ir with the removable overthurster.

Joe B
When I was a boy I was told anybody could become president. Now I'm beginning to believe it. -Clarence Darrow
JKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004   #5
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I'm looking to get a new creeker and was considering the Embudo. There are a couple locally and the price is right, I just don't know that much about the boat good or bad. Do you recommend the boat? Does it have any other problems? Any info on the boat would be greatly appreciated.

cosurfgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #6
I had the same problem with my Embudo and WildWasser Supra Deck skirt, even without the heavy hydraulics. I took my problem to WildWasser in Boulder and they were kind enough to allow me to upgrade my Supra Deck skirt to a more expensive "Hipster". I haven't had any problems since. Nice folks to do business with.
Opa Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004   #7
The embudo is a sweet creekboat, I've paddled almost every creekboat there and the embudo and the blunt are my two favorites. The embudo is also strong enough that it doesn't need a center pilar making it much safer and awesome for doing self support runs since you can cram so much stuff in the back. I had problems in the past of my spray skirt blowing off so I started using one of those loop enhancing overthruster device things when I creek boat and my skirt has stayed on through hydraulics that have blown many of my buddies decks with other boats. The embudo is sick, if you can get one at a good price go for it.
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #8
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I'm with Waynechorter, but I haven't paddled that many creekboats (H2, Creeker 225, Java is it).

I use a Snapdragon and I've never had a problem.

Something I do on my playboat that I'm going to start doing with my Embudo is take an old bike tube, cut off the stem and wrap that around your cockpit. It seems to increase the stickiness and it helps seal water out, too.
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #9
Embudo skirt pop, fixing the problem

I have paddled the Embudo for the past 3 seasons with a Wildwasser Hipster. Yes, I agree, the skirt pops off regularly, even with an Implosion Bar! Here is what I did to fix the problem:

Sand the cockpit rim where it dips down in the center. Apply some moldable PC7 epoxy to the underside of the cockpit rim. Your goal is to re-shape the rim to minimize the pronounced dip in the center, when looking from the side, and give the lower lip of the rim more of a square edge, not rounded, when looking at a section view. This will eliminate the feature that causes the skirt to pop, and give a better edge to grip the skirt.

Hope this helps.
phs4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #10
Castle Rock, Colorado
As far as the Embudo goes I still like it better than any of the newer boats for creeking, however I don’t really buy into the “Safety of pillerless boats”. I am quite sure a boat with a pillar is much stronger BUT if you need to get out in a hurry you can certainly do that without anything getting in the way.
Anyway I am glad you guys are mentioning the skirt popping because that would explain every swim I had last season……….OK maybe not. Actually I have never had my skirt pop and I have been in some pretty messy holes, I think an ounce of prevention…oh never mind. As far as the boat goes I still like the way it reacts in the water. Although very fast, it does everything I want it to without ever getting loose. Some people like a little looser boat and that fits their style more….try em all that’s what I say. SYOTR

Phin Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote