Old 06-18-2009   #1
B.C., RP
Paddling Since: 1995
HELP PLS! what type of paint to use???

heeey pple!!! need some info or advice what sort or type of paint to use on a kayak since kayak are made of PE plastic and i want to paint something on my boat and i've tried applying plastic sealer then acrylic paint but it don't stick well so what do you think is good vinyl or enamel paint??? hoping for some help here ty all in advance!!!

vonderoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #2
Cisco, Utah
Paddling Since: Dawn
Nothing sticks well to PE. Epoxy paint may be the best bet, or colored Sharpies....

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #3
Rockledge, Florida
No paint works. Forget it--you'll just waste time. A better idea: get some laser graphics (they're like acrylic stickers) and put them on in some custom fashion instead. I've done this with my plastic slalom boat and it stays on fine. They are intended for use on surfboards so they stay on very well in even salt water. Salt Life has some great laser graphics.

STICKERS / FLAGS / MISC - VINYL DECALS - Salt Life - Ocean Living Apparel
LagoonYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009   #4
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Krylon Fusion is spray paint made for plastic. I just painted some stripes on my jefe with it and it has stayed pretty well so far. Supposedly it takes 7 days to become fully chip resistant. If you use it make sure to sand the area and clean it with acetone. Colored sharpies will fade very quickly.
Cinnamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009   #5
B.C., RP
Paddling Since: 1995
User and Lagoon... ty guys for sharing bout your experience with painting kayaks anyway i'll take note of that sticker if paint won't really work....

Cinnamon... thanks for giving some more light of hope hehehe "krylon fusion" i'll try this one, ty for the tip really appreciate it!...

Thank you guys...
vonderoy is offline   Reply With Quote