Old 07-26-2010   #1
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Help - Need seat for New Wave Cruise Control

Good afternoon everyone, I am somewhat new to the sport and just picked up a kayak for a really good price. However, I need a seat for it. It is a New Wave Cruise Control. I am trying to figure out what will be a good fit for it and see if I can get an original so I can mount it right into the existing mounting holes. Otherwise I am trying to figure out how to get a seat that can be mounted without having to create more holes. Any suggestions or if anyone is familiar with the brand or even has one...I will buy it if it is cheap. I really want to get on the water and get into my lessons and I am dying to get going but this is the only thing left holding me back...I can almost feel the water and I am dying to get in and start paddling again...

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Whoa there pardner

Hey Jussi,

before you go putting time and effort into rebuilding this boat, you might want to consider why it was disassembled in the first place.

Most likely the boat has other significant issues or is unsafe in some way
Does it have front and rear support Pillars? Is it broken or cracked anywhere? Its between 12-15 years old. You can proabaly get an intact "lose control" for $100.

It is unlikely that another brand's seat will fit in the boat. Just because it was a "good Deal" doesn't mean its worth the effort to get into a river worthy state.

Even more importantly, using this boat to learn in is a handicap. You will find the sport harder, more frustrating and less comfortable, than in any number of more modern boats, that can be picked up cheaply.

good luck...

Juan De Confluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010   #3
No help on the seat sorry. I learned on a "loose" control and it worked out fine. There is something really great about stern squrting a 12ft boat.

have a blast
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010   #4
Jenks, Oklahoma

finding a replacement seat is gonna be hard
if you do find one
the Cruise Control should be as good as anything else to learn in.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote

cruise control, new wave, seat, suggestions/help