Old 10-02-2013   #1
Walhalla, South Carolina
Paddling Since: 2011
Helmet review

looking to get a new helmet and I'm really leaning towards the new wrsi current pro, it looks pretty solid and wont break the bank. jus wondering if anyone has one or knows someone who does and has a little feed back for me.

yak_zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #2
BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
I own a current and a moment. It looks to me like the current pro is a current with the visor from a moment and additional ear protection. So take this for whatever it's worth...

After 5 years the shell and straps have held up nicely even after a number of hits and generally poor care on the owners part in the gear bag, take-out parking lot etc. The outfitting has frayed on the seems of the pads after several years. Some basic stitching skills will fix the issue but it's likely to crop up again. I got some new outfitting pads rather than putting the minimal work in.

The visor on my moment is pretty flimsy and I've never felt the need for more sun protection than what the short brim on my current provides. That said it does allow a wider variety of fittings while still providing sun protection. Also it balances the look of the helmet against the face mask a bit. Not an issue for the current pro. I expect the visor will shatter with only a minor blow.

WRSI warrantied my moment on a recall with no hassle. I don't hesitate to recommend them based on customer service.

The sunshine walked beside her
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #3
Walhalla, South Carolina
Paddling Since: 2011
extremely helpful! I looked at the moment too, but decided a normal cut fits me a little bit better I think
yak_zac is offline   Reply With Quote