Originally Posted by FastFXR
You bought it used, off of CL....begs the question how do you know it works?
That's a fair question. Actually, because of the nature of the equipment (medical, electric shock, etc.) there are some very stringent constraints put on the manufacturers of these devices. They contain very reliable internal diagnostic programs that continually monitor the condition of the unit. It will tell the world if there is something wrong with it. Most of these units sit in boxes in public buildings and are monitored on something like a monthly schedule. Between its periodic user tests, it will sound off if it has a problem.
This one, in fact, did tell me that the diagostic battery was getting low (it is an ordinary 9 volt lithium battery that costs about $6). This would not affect the function of the unit, but you really do want the diagnostics working, so I got the new battery.