Old 05-19-2011   #31
Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Soooooo, Marty is still around and selling coolers, but he still won't make it right with me. He has told me a couple of times that he would send me a cooler or two and still nothing. This has been going on for almost a year and a half. You would think that with all the bad mouthing I give him, he would send me something just to shut me up. But still nothing.

Here is a good one.
I spoke with the owner of Canyon Coolers and even though they have nothing to do with Marty, they were willing to make me a hell of a deal on a cooler just because I've been screwed by Marty for so long.

Originally Posted by Gumbydamnit View Post
I bought one from Marty a few weeks ago. He said it was an older model. It had the plastic hinges that "they have had problems with in the past, but he would swap them out if I had any problem with them." Well guess what... First night on the Chama last weekend I had a custom cooler with no hinges attached. I haven't seen the new hinge design and I'm doubting I ever will from Marty, But I can say with the worst cooler management ever, it kept ice for cocktails the entire trip. Hey Marty if you're reading this, COME ON MAN we're all just a bunch of dirt bag boaters. Help us out, I'll even bring the beer while you fix it.

Karma is like this: If we set causes in motion the effects come back to us.
rwhyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011   #32
DURANGO, 81301
Paddling Since: 2005
Yep he's still around. He was at the 4-corners boat swap a few weeks ago. He mentioned he was trying to sell his shit show of a business now I guess I know why. I'm glad to hear about Canyon Coolers. It seems like they're going to do well. Good luck. The number I have for Marty is 759-0301. Do you guys know of any other way to attempt to make contact with him?

Gumbydamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011   #33
boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I got 2 of the 105 qt from Canyon Coolers, The Mac box and the cube
Hey Pirate if you want to check them out I'm in Boulder Both Times had my order in 4 days
fishthesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #34
Denver-ish, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I just pulled the trigger on the smaller 65QT. It just made sense... at least in my head. Several $ less than the yeti's and engel's, but in the same family of quality.

Fishthesalt, thanks for the offer.

yesimapirate is offline   Reply With Quote