Old 04-30-2012   #21
Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
I've seen them in both Lowes and home Depot in the specialty bolts bins. They also typically have them at "Sportsman" style outdoor stores, Bass Pro, Cadells, Fisherman's Warehouse, etc. Any of the places that have a boating section with boating hardware.

TriBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #22
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Also farm and tractor implement stores

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #23
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
I don't understand the logic of NRS' "stock" setup with the 8" space between the foot bar and the cooler. Wasted space there. Yank the bar behind the cooler and shove the foot bar forward. If your cooler is wide enough (which it looks to be), you can use the foot bar to carry the back side of the cooler.

Run your lower straps from the bottom bends of the foot bar, under the cooler and up to the front bar.
Run your upper straps from the upper bends of the foot bar, over the cooler, and to the front bar. Loop straps work great here if you don't already have them. If the upper bends on the foot bar are too wide and the straps slip off the top of the cooler, swap sides so the left cooler strap is attached to the front bar to the right of the right cooler strap. Makes an inverted 'V' from the rower's perspective.
The balls of your feet can sit right above the bar with your toes against the cooler.
A combo foot bar does make this rigging easier.

Move everything forward 8" and you should have room to open the drybox behind your seat. You should also have room for a drop bag between the front drybox bar and your seat bar.

or x4 on the flip seat suggestion.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #24
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Harbor Freight sells them too...They call it a Square Bail PTO Lock Pin for $2.49/ea

however if your drive brings you anywhere close to Greeley, CO then call Gary over at Rowframe and order some. I think his are like a buck or something.

Is there a ID hole difference between the NRS and speedrail setups?
scottcsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #25
overcrowdedskitown, Colorado
The bolts that go through the lo-pro fittings o.d. is 5/16" so that would be the pin size you would want as well.
Iraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #26
Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
Any home depot, "wire lock pins", look in the trailer hitch section. Literally staring at them right now.

Never get out of the boat
MountainMedic is offline   Reply With Quote