Old 06-02-2009   #1
Fort Collins, Colorado
Frame Material

I was wondering what yall thought would be the best material to make a frame out of. I have a small paddlecat and recently decided to try and build a frame for it (partially bc of other posts here that looked like so much fun).

I realize that many differnent types of material have pros and cons. Since the paddlecats are not the most durable boats in the world ideally the material would not wear too much on the boat. Also the frame itself only needs to be strong enough to support gear and the oars because the boat says open on its own. Finally I would like the fram to be as light as possible for potential hiking usage. I have seen posts on here about frame often so I was wondering what do yall think????

There is always a reason not to...
teleboater5.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #2
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
You better search. there's more threads on this than probably any single topic. Plus, those long discussions mostly take place during the off season, now we're all boating. Well, I'm just taking "5" from work right now.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off