Old 04-06-2009   #11
SE, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1986
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
this weighs about 40 lbs
Can't wait to see it. Once the seat, oarlocks, etc. are on, weigh it again. I'm curious to compare it with my work-in-progress.

Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #12
Groveland, California
Another option would be to have it Hard Anodized, the surface will be a nice matt black/olive color and is absolutely bombproof....70 Rc (Rockwell C Scale which is used to measure hardened steel), you can't even touch it with a file. And since you are concerned with weight, it will eliminate the weight of the of the powder itself. Of course, if it isn't a breakdown frame, it might be difficult to find a plater with a tank big enough.

HPMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #13
Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
I think Apex in Portland could manage it. Something to think about anyway.
Wirednoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #14
Frames for fly fishing pontoons (like mini versions of whitewater cats, usu. 8-12' or so) are pretty much all powder coated. I have a hammered dark blue one and I've never noticed any weird heat or anything and it sits on PVC tubes. Outcast (Aire), Scadden (NFO) and a bunch of companies all do it that way in that segment. Powder coating won't flake since it's electro-statically applied and baked on. Hammered black should look cool esp. if they can kind of speckle the shades.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off