Old 03-26-2014   #1
Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163
Footwear: Get ready for spring

There has been a lot of buzz around the internet surrounding the new Astral Rassler. I took the shoe with me to Mexico in December and wrote up a detailed review of how it performed. If you're looking for new shoes this season or just like geeking out on gear, check out the review!

Astral Rassler Water Shoe | Blister Gear Review – Skis, Snowboards, Mountain Bikes, Climbing - The most honest and in-depth reviews of outdoor sports equipment on the planet.

Bottom line: the shoe has a couple of minor flaws, but should be a front runner for anyone who needs a high traction shoe for creek boating and river running. Let me know any comments, questions, other experiences etc.

David Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #2
Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 93'
Good review. I just picked up a pair from CKS I am looking forward to using them

utrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #3
denver, Colorado
These look cool. I have been searching for a more athletic shoe I could wear wet wading that is lighter then a wading boot and doesn't require a neoprene booty. What socks would one suggest to keep from rubbing my feet raw?
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #4
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to cooldork
NRS Wetsocks at

I use this with the Teva Gnarkosi's. Pretty much same idea and work great at keeping foot warm and no rub.
+ pUn-JaB +
cooldork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #5
Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2163

I usually wear thin wool socks with mine, just because I feel they are more comfortable than neoprene. On the other hand neoprene will be warmer if that is a problem for you or if you plan to have your feet submerged for a long period of time. Neoprene socks will also be more durable in the long term.

The neoprene will also likely be thicker than wool socks, so I would order a full size up from your normal shoe size, or try on a pair at your local boat shop if you can.
David Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote