Old 05-27-2011   #1
Teacher, Fort Collins, Colorado
five ten water tennie review

Five Ten | Water Tennie

So, I've had my new 5.10 water tennies for about two weeks now, and I can officially say they rock. By FAR the best river shoe I have owned. Some details:

Fit--I wear a size 12, and ordered a size 12. the fit is great, as I can get my drysuit bootie with a sock underneath in the shoe and it fits perfect. No need to order a larger size, as at least for me they fit great with the extra layers.

Support--just enough support without feeling clunky. They are very secure on my feet, and are very comfortable for climbing around in. Haven't done any long hikes yet, but have climbed in and out of the narrows a bunch over the last couple of weeks, and they have been great.

Sole--the rubber is the shit. Definitely the stickiest I have ever had, wet or dry. Kicks any teva, keen, or NRS bootie or shoe I have owned. Haven't done any sketchy portages, but like I said climbed in and out of the narrows a bunch and they passed the sticky test by far.

low profile but solid--they fit great in my creek boat. They are low profile, but still offer great coverage and with the cuff design, I know they will stay on my feet if I swim. They have flex and are super light which is nice--don't feel bulky at all. Didn;t have to carve out any more space as people sometimes have to do with the canyoneers or other beefier shoes.

Drainage--they drain great, no problems there.

Durability--they seem very well made. Time will tell of course, but so far they seem bomber.

Price--maybe a touch pricier than say a Keen bootie, but way better. I also found a 15% off coupon online, so not too bad ($85).

SO, overall these things rock. It's about time someone made a great river shoe that actually has good traction and will work for hikes/portages. And as a bonus, they have just a little steeze to the look. I highly recommend!
Buckrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote