Old 04-18-2006   #11
I second what Larry had to say about the heel block. Using a foam block that supports your heels as opposed to the ball of your feet is the key to opening up space in small boats. I have long legs and it makes a HUGE difference. Unfortunately this is something you will probaly have to shape yourself. I paddle a CR250 with a homemade heelblock and it's the most comfortable boat I've ever owned. (18 yrs) If you want to make one I recommend a half circle about ten inches in diameter to start with and whittle from there. Good luck.

Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #12
Ya i sat in a cr125 and cr250 yesterday and they were rediculous. The most comfortable boats I have ever been in. I can't believe I was able to squeeze into the cr125 comfortably with my size 13's. GH sold his ezg 60 before I had a chance to get into one and see if I fit, no suprise there as the boat is in pretty high demand. So I guess I am off to the swap to find one, if I can't, then I guess I will have to throw down on a new CR. Just don't know if I want the 125 or the 250. Going to be a big water year so probably the 250.

The foot bed is great, cushy and warm. Seems like a boat I could spend hours in without a problem. I am guessing it will be a popular boat this year. I just have to decide if the amount of boating I am going to do justifies the cost of a new boat or not.

Jobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #13
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Kingpin 6.3

I know you said you are leaning towards the ezg or ez but let me throw my two cents in. I started in a big ez and loved it, you can't go wrong. My next boat was a kingpin 6.3 I am still in it and love it, quite honestly I feel more comfortable in it than my ez. More comfortable with the control and body position. By the way I am 6'2 190lbs and size 12 feet that do not like to be curled up. Most of the time while my buddies have to get out of their boats to stretch I am dickin aroung in my boat. Every now and then my feet take some zzzzzs but raely
Hope this helps
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #14
My concern with the kingpin is river running. I am not sure how tossed around I will get in class 3 water at the shoshone and on such a big water year, and since I want to rebuild a little confidence out there, I am not sure if play/rodeo is going to be my best bet. Just dont think I am ready for it, though I do see it being the next step. As far as the big ez well.. I would rather have the faster version ezg, as I hear the ez series is slow.
Old 04-18-2006   #15
pnw, Washington
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #16
Focus on your own damn family, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
My Jackson 4 Fun fits me like a glove and we are the same dimensions. My feet are a bit smaller. Check one out.
cbrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006   #17

Well I ended up with an ezg 60. After all the reading I did, its the boat everyone seemed to have a good thing to say about.

Found it for $600 used plus shipping about 20 minutes before heading down to the shop to buy new. So its not yellow like I wanted but oh well...