Old 11-29-2010   #11
That makes no sense man if I knew it all i wouldn't be askin for help just drop it dude I don't know if your just having a shitty day or just a shitbag in general once again i apologize for a stupid post according to you my bad

blissedkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #12
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Get off your computer and figure it out. what's next what animal print thong is our favorites.. come more than likely haven't done any research yourself. quit asking people which boat is their favorite cause it has zero relavence to you. all boats are liked. comes down 2 what you like, and it fits your use.. aka displacement vs planning, do you know which you prefer...if not figure that out before you ask another creekboat question.

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #13
I like displacement and who the heck are you to tell me when to ask a question you know you started once too man im sure you tried to get as much info as you could from people better then you that had more knowledge... Im sorry for wanting direction in the right type of creek boat to check out and hopefully demo from those who paddled alot more then i have... but what is your deal dude what are you so pissed about
blissedkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #14
Bozeman, Montana
I creeked for my first 3 years in a kingpin icon 6.2....than I bought a broken micro 240 for 100 dollars,fixed it up made second d of lower deer creek. I boated a dagger agent down bluegrass creek 2 times. I'm also not claiming to be great or better.just stating some facts if you like displacement a lot of the boats are crossed off the list. this is preschool shit. if somebody tells you to get a scud hopefully you will not belive them.
Old 11-29-2010   #15
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Since you're not already used to a particular type of creeker, I would recommend something like the Prijon Pure.

I was basically like you, except I DID conveniently demo things. I didn't really notice much difference in boats, and the pure felt just about right. When I purposely brace in the Pure I have to put in a lot more effort to even get over to touch my head to the water. I did my whole first season in a playboat, essentially, even some 3+ to 4- like Foxton, and flipping on my side was a lot easier (in the playboat), same with flipping over. At the same time, rolls are pretty easy in this creek boat. I don't notice them being harder than my playboat really, except that I'm unfamiliar with the knee-brace set-up. I'm thinking I need a little custom outfitting to really hit the spot; maybe more coverage of both my thigh and my knee, but regardless, I haven't missed a roll with it. This time of year, haven't had as much opportunity to really test it, but I've gone to the lake, and Waterton (and it worked fine with my NRS Sherpa pack btw).

I honestly just feel I don't have enough experience in this style of boat for it to matter. It seemed like the Prijon Pure had a good enough following going for it, and praise. I read about it here; a lot of creekers were excited for it when it came out, being that Prijon apparently finally made a decent boat design with the HTP and it sounded like it was perfect for my weight range, so I bought a demo model for a fair price of around $800.

I think you can expect to want to custom outfit any boat you get. I am going to get a seat that holds me in more snug, kind of like the G-Ride (the Pure has pockets to put padding in, but the way they're positioned, it feels more like extra padding only works to wedge me out, not lock me in like the seat-pump of the Dagger); and maybe some other type of thigh-braces. I might even put in a pillar, just for familiarity's sake.

If you do happen to go that route, just be prepared to outfit it to your liking, and use an XL Snap Dragon (or equivalent size skirt).
Kendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #16
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1901
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
Get off your computer and figure it out.
Good advice from someone with a post count of 3,975.

blissedkid - pay no attention to cm. Nobody else does. Just skip his posts as they add nothing to the forum other than occassionally it can be humorous to try to decipher his incoherent, pseudo-english rants. Normally he's trying to text with one hand while using his velcro glove on his sheep with the other.

I paddle a Jefe, which I like (relatively fast, turns quickly, holds a line well for me, stable on edge, boofs well), but it's not the best for multi-day trips as it can be hard to pack. I've also paddled the nomad, which I also like as it is incredibly stable, a great multi day boat and very fast, but the 8.5 feels too big for me, and the 8.1 too small (I'm 170 lbs.).

If you're used to a planing hull, you would probably feel more comfortable in a planing hull creek boat to start. But if you want do creeking primarily I think displacement hulls are better.
cuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #17
Bozeman, Montana
Cuzin since your primary malfunction is reading your second is the fact you live in Denver. he said displacement peewee. my post count is nothing compared to my stroke count... ahahahah. joking aside I boated more hours than you worked, this last summer, thanks to my government sponser. What now. you fools wouldn't last day with my bro white chocolate, or grif. ya dig
Old 11-29-2010   #18
Redwood City, California
Paddling Since: 2009
I would get a SCUD and be done with it. You won't know the difference.
Rogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #19
ashland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by Rogie View Post
I would get a SCUD and be done with it. You won't know the difference.
This is probably true...but don't.
Since I assume you'll be paddling Oregon/Washington class 4 before you venture into class 5, you can get darn near anything. I use a Remix and a Nomad for Pac NW class 4 (I like displacement hulls) But lots of my boating buds use Burns and Heros also the new Jackson Villain seems to be a recent favorite. around here too. Casper Mike makes sense try a Jefe and a Burn, find the style of hull you like that fits you and spend as much time as you can in it.
When it's all said and done; time spent in the boat and your ability have more impact on getting where you need to go on the river then any one creek design compared to another.
Another CM advice tip you might listen too as well...get something that if it cracks you won't be waiting 6 mos. for a warranty on.
pretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #20
Paddling Since: 96
"Casper Mike makes sense"

Nothing personal of course C'Mike.

Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote