Old 06-27-2014   #11
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
Heard the Fluid Bazooka is a fast creeker...actually pretty much the only things I've read about it in reviews comment on "how fast this boat was" and stuff along those lines

tmward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #12
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

The LL Stinger should be the fastest on paper. Length, taper, hull and mostly width should make it the fastest, but the most twitchy out of the bunch. Green Boat would be the best on creekier runs and the Karma for best multi purpose. The Karma UL surfs good and paddles like a bigger faster version of the Karma. I've been looking into for a few years now. As far as fast creek boats go in the 8.5 world I would look at the JK Zen or the LL Remix.

I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #13
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
The Karma RG is fast becoming my favorite boat.

I've done a half dozen runs through boulder Canyon in it and am really starting to figure it out. It is so zippy. At first I was leary of catching smaller eddies, but after figuring it out, this thing eddies on a dime. In fact the speed alone allows me to attain the back edge of an eddy that i might have bled out of in a standard creek boat.

I have yet to paddle it loaded down, but rumor has it that it hardly cares how much you put in it.

When I read Steve Fischer say that if he could only have one boat, it would be this, I assumed it was corporate hype. After paddling it for a couple weeks, I believe he is right.

I don't know where I will draw my personal line for what runs push me out of this and into my Large Karma, but obviously the top notch boater can take this down anything.

Stookesberry and Korbulic paddled these loaded on the Fantasy Falls stretch.

I don't know what all the Jacksons paddle it on, but they designed it for races like the Narrows of the Green and the Russel Fork.

I think I said it earlier, but the Karma Unlimited is the full on race version, and the Karma RG is made from the same mold, other than it has a hatch, a bulkhead and a retractable skeg built into it, making it a better option for loading and touring, without compromising anything beyond a tiny bit of weight.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014   #14
Worcestershire, Midlands, UK
Paddling Since: 2010
Just FYI, Zet Kayaks can be obtained in the USA now.
Zet Kayaks US

I am UK based and have just ordered a Veloc from a UK dealer. Light to carry, a reputation for being very strong and taking some real beatings, very simple outfitting, which is comfortable but also light.

A few people are put off the Zets because the outfitting is basic, but don't let that fool you. It is quite clever with the diamond shaped reinforcing structure under the seat, and the hull is superb.

SimonMW is offline   Reply With Quote