Old 04-17-2006   #1
EZG 50 vs Kingpin 6.2

I am 5 foot 9 125 lbs and i just wanted to get some suggestions before i buy one or the other. I am an intermediate and i have paddled both but i can't decide

CO_paddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #2
i'm the same height as you, but weight about 160. i paddled an ezg 50 last summer, and it was great for comfort in terms of legs and feet. i could sink the stern pretty easily about any time i wanted to. with your lighter weight, this might be a problem. this boat was a dream for a river runner for me. i loved it. very playful, but still pretty stable.

parttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006   #3
Paddling Since: 1993
Two boats geared for different uses. If you think you will be spending more time playin in holes get the kingpin if you want a better river runner with a faster hull for surfing get teh ezg. my 2 cents
P.S. I think both boats are too big for you at your weight, can you get the kingpin 6.1 or the smallest ezg?
mrekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #4
I can't fit into the 6.1 or the 42 because of my height but i also was wondering since i am hoping to progress alot at playing whether or not the ezg will hold me back while learning new tricks and if i should go with the kingpin
CO_paddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #5
Paddling Since: 1993
I dont want to say the ezg will hold you back in fact you may progress faster at first with it but in the end if you want a pure playboat the kingpin is a better choice. HAve you considered any other boats than these two? For a beginner playboater at your weight and length a good fit might be the pyranha s6 190. I prefer the kingpin in a hole but the s6 is a surfing demon and is lower volume. at you weight you might really prefer the size of the s6. I have paddled all three mostly the king pin 6.2 and the s6 190. I am 165-170 5'11' with 10.5 feet and a 31-2" inseam. I found both boats to be comfortable and easy to throw around but I know the pyranha is smaller and actually a better river runner. the kingpin is really made for holes, where it is the winner. S6 is way better for surf. Just an idea.
mrekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #6
Get the kingpin

it is a better boat and will help you get better at playboating.
Either boat might be a little big for eddyline moves right now, but dont get one that is smaller
if you are going to be kayaking a lot, then in the long run you will be happy if you buy a boat that is a little big for you.

aztecus is offline   Reply With Quote