Old 11-11-2008   #31
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Well, to be a little biased, because I am Bomber Gear, I am back with a full line of new products including high end dry tops and spray skirts. I am offering extremely good deals right now on my products to build back my customer base ($180 for a high end dry top which includes a 1 year warranty including gasket warranty). I also have a skirt that is like no other. I use a special coating that seals the skirt, making it dry to the touch no matter how much whitewater you are in, plus it is dry underneath. I am offering Kevlar skirts at $125. Feel free to check my website and call the business at 970-769-6983.

Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #32
Newport, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
Checked out the bomber site and skirts. What is this "WickClip"? feature on the skirts?

"Paddle silently, boof loudly"
Redpaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #33
steamboat, Colorado
It allows you to clip the skirt to your PFD for safe maneuvering also good to hang it up to dry.
latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #34
Teacher, Fort Collins, Colorado
Peak UK rocks

Kind of an old thread, but I wanted to add some support for the Peak UK drytops. I have the Creek jacket, and really love it. Very comfortable and heavy duty (all impact points are reinforced), plus to me it seems to breathe fine--I've been comfortable in variable conditions for sure. The creek pads are one of the best features though, IMO--especially the shoulders and spine. The shoulder pads saved my ass the first day I put them in. Plus, all the pads don't limit mobility at all. A great feature.

I put a ridiculous amount of days on it this season, with some nasty hits, and it still looks new.

The best feature though is the customer service. Ken was great to deal with, and helped me out fast. I really appreciate that, because we don't see that enough these days.

My 2 cents.
Buckrodgers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #35
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Paddling Since: 2009

Just got a set of Bombanation Shorts...really nice. Neoprene under, great fit. Keeps you snug without looking snug, if you know what I mean.

Peak UK. Bought both the Deluxe and the Combi. Both are a great fit, with 100% arm mobility. I still have to cut the gaskets to fit, but I was able to get in to it without adjusting yet anything yet. The Deluxe...I was shocked at the arm mobility when I put it on. Despite being choked slightly by the gaskets my arms were free to go and do whatever they wanted. Same for the combi. It is really nice too. I wanted to have options on hand for all water conditions. Warm, Cool and Cold and between these 2 jackets I think I have it covered.

I will be posting a full review on the tops once I get to put them to use. As a new paddler, I will not have anything to really compare them too, but I will let everyone know about the feel, fit, and wet/dryness. I have to admit I am thoroughly impressed.

I bought both through 3rd parties. Geneva Kayak for the Combi, and CKS for the Deluxe. However I went back and forth with Ken also, as Buck mentioned, and he was great with getting back and forth regarding questions, concerns, this years models and next.

I give both Bomber and Peak Uk a thumbs up at this point.
bobmcclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #36
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Earlier this spring I was in the market for a new dry top and my friend recommended the Level Six. I got the level 6 dry top in may and used it all season long. I couldnt be happier with this dry top. The inner tunnel seal is a better one then I've seen on a lot of other dry tops. It cost me about 200$. I also like the fact that its thin for hot days, but there's also plenty of room underneath to layer. I'd say take a look at level 6. They're solid!
jballen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #37
Dreamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Bottom line Bomber is the shit. The fabric is tough, the seams are brilliant, and the durability is unprecedented. If you want to buy a dry top that is going to last season after season go bomber. I own a Kokotat 3 layer gortex drytop(the really expensive one) and the gaskets went out in one season. The bomber gasket is superior. Its thicker and just seems way more durable. Im sold with Bomber.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #38
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94
Bomber gear is the shit!!!

The bomber gear dry makes the best dry top on the market, hands down. The gaskets are the most comfortable and best fitting... they don't chafe like some others. I'm really hard on my gear and my drytop still looks new after one seasons of daily use all summer on the ark teaching. Also, Bomber gear is a Colorado owned company, designed in and tested in Colorado.

The design this time around is refined and improved on the old tops.

Also, they have a sick spray skirt, some with limited graphics. These skirts won't impload. Period.

Bomber gear rocks!!!
Check em out @
iliketohike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008   #39
Dreamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
he speaks the truth....
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008   #40
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I have the Bomber Gear dry top/dry pants combo and it all rolls really nicely into a mock-drysuit for a fraction of the cost. Aside from the shit lookin good it works, a rare duo in this industry lately...

conmihupa is offline   Reply With Quote