Old 04-19-2005   #1
Dagger GT 8.1 vs. Perception Madness

I friggen' love this sport! That's why after dual shoulder surgeries this winter I'm still psyched to get back on the river and test out my new bionic parts. I was in a BigEZ last year but now I'm thinking the GT 8.1 would be pretty kind and stable but still fun. I don't know much about the Madness though. How does it compare? What other boats should I consider? I'm 5'11'', 160lbs and I want a riverrunner/playboat that I'll continue to use even after a season of paddling rehab. Thanks!

Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005   #2

From what the dagger rep told me this weekend the GT series of boats wont do much playing other than surfing he told me to look at an Outlaw if I was looking at an older used boat, it's still a river runner style like the GT's but shorter nose and slicer tail. I myself have the Honcho its a bigger Outlaw for us boys over 200# and I love it I was lookin for a boat for the Girlfriend. Not sure about the Madness.

When I was shoppin I was lookin at the GTX an older 8.1 and everyone told me to go with the Honcho if I could find one as I would outgrow IE: get board with the GTX by the end of the season.

Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005   #3
Both of those boats are too big for a 160 pounder. The Madness is huge compared to the Method. The Method is a smaller Madness and you would probably like it better than the Dagger GT. The Dagger GT 8.1 is also a big boat for your weight and you might consider a smaller size. The Perception Method would be more playful than the Dagger GT.
Like it or not, all of us are the result of a sexual act.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote