Old 09-30-2008   #1
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
Paddling Since: 2007
Dagger Agent 6.4 Flat Water Stalls

I was wondering if anyone knows how the Dagger Agent 6.4 performs on flat water. I currently have a Prijon Delerium and I can do some pretty nice bow stalls with it and was wondering how the Agent 6.4 performs on flat water. My friends and I spend alot of time at the local river just playing around trying to learn bow stalls, cart wheels, and stern stalls. I really enjoy this part of boating and am looking for a new playboat that will do well with these moves as well as surf and run the river well. I am currently a Class 2/3 kayaker and want a boat that will let me play in bigger water as I get better. The specs on the Agent really seem to be pretty good for my size and weight. My current boat only has 44 gallons and it just doesn't cut it for my size. Any advice would be great!

Height: 6'1
Weight: 207 Pounds

dandorsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #2
Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
I have paddled the Agent pretty extensively and it will certainly perform for flatwater play and I personally think that it is a great river runner and surf/play boat. However I paddled the Kingpin before I got my Agent and it is a much easier boat to throw around in flat water and will do bow stalls much easier. The Kingpin doesn't loop as well and might be a touch slower on a wave but a very good boat and to me sounds like more what you might be looking for. Dagger still has the Kingpin in production I believe which says something about its design and overall performans. Both are great boats and your technique will improve when working on throwing down ends on the Agent because it isn't as slicey (sounds like you are currently in a pretty slicey boat right now) but I would suggest hopping in the Kingpin (or both boats) and seeing what you think. hope that helps.

rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008   #3
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
Paddling Since: 2007
Dagger Agent 6.4 Flat Water Stalls

Thanks for the reply! I found a good deal on a brand new Agent 6.4 that is local to me and I think I might pick it up this weekend. For my size and weight it looks like on paper it will be what I am looking for but it is great to get your insight since you have already been paddling it. I was happy to see that you said it is a great River Runner as well as a Playboat. My current boat (Prijon Delerium) is only 44 gallons and at my weight (207), I get knocked around in the rapids and have to combat roll a bit more than I would like while just running the river. I would rather save my energy to roll when I am playing in a wave. I think going to 59 gallons with the Agent 6.4 will help but I won't lose any play performance. You're right, my current boat is extremley squirrely and it will be nice to get some forgiveness with the Agent.
dandorsh is offline   Reply With Quote