Old 08-09-2005   #11
No Chines

I'd vote no chines if you are going to be on slides or lower volume stuff. I wouldn't want the edge to be an invitation ....... Also, some boats have the modified planing hull without the chines.

johnny portage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #12
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Betting blown offline in the Jefe seems like someone let something push him around instead of making shit happen. Jefe tracks like a champ and performs great on all types of water. That's why everyone around the country is digging the boat.

As for breakage, boats break. The Jefe batch is not the Riot Big Gun of 05'.
Their boats take the beating.

GAtoCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #13
Paddling Since: 1993
For everybody who seems to diss the m3 intentional or not I recommend you try one. The edges don’t catch. I think you would have to be a total dush (wrong spelling) to get tripped up by this edge. Bobber boats like the CFS, Huka, and yes the Jefe sit very high in the water which makes them change direction very quickly. Now before you go and get your panties in a wad (sorry for the gender discriminatory language) I really enjoyed the Jefe (did a lot of things I really liked & some I did not) it is a great boat and I think the best of its style of boat to come out yet. But I still prefer the m3, it doesn’t sit quite as high but holds a line like nobody’s business and it has incredible secondary stability. I think the chine on this boat makes it perform better in any kind of funky water whether it is an eddy line or weird crossing currents. I like control and being able to set and “edge” into current gives you more of it. Granted I won’t paddle a flat bottomed tweener with a play boat edge but I think there is a place for edges on creek boats. Could the m3 be improved on? Definitely. But last time I check I still hadn’t cashed in my chips on the perfect creeker yet.
mrekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #14
The Salto? Is that made by eskimo???
MonsieurExtrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005   #15
Yes, the Salto is made by Eskimo. Eskimo was recently acquired by Rikutec.

The 2005 model is different from the older models that most everyone in this thread is referring to. The old model was around 67 gallons and the new one is around 71. I think the length stayed the same, though. They are notoriously bomber. The old ones are just not to easy to find any more.

Curtis_Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote