Here is the recipe for real Cowboys:
1. Take a 1 Gallon Enamelware coffee pot - you know, the blue one with white dots all over it.
2. Pour in a pound of coffee - a whole pound, not tablespoons or cups.
3. Fill the pot with water from a stream that you know is Arizona hard water - adds flavor.
4. Boil for 2 hours adding water every once in a while as it boils off.
5. Take it off the fire and throw in an egg shell to settle the grounds.
6. Toss in a horseshoe (preferable clean, but not required).
7. If the horseshoe floats, the coffee is ready.
Had some last week and haven't needed any sleep since!