Old 09-14-2010   #1
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to al_ferguson01
Converting from a Halkey-Robert valve to a Leafield

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has converted their inflatable raft/ducky from the Halkey-Robert valves to the Leafield valves? It’s a PITA having to have two pumps, two different repair kits, different parts, etc… one for each type valve… I use a 4” barrel pump for the Leafield’s on my raft… I can imagine there is probably a simple valve adaptor, for the barrel pump, to use on the Halkey-Robert’s but I don’t know for sure (and doesn’t resolve having two carry different repair kits/parts)

Anyway – anyone done the swap? My raft, with Leafield valves has a bladder (Aire Cataraft Tubes) and I have some PVC Rafts & a couple IKs without bladders (with Halkey-Robert)…

Just curious if it is a relatively simple swap (e.g. pull the Halkey out and stuff a Leafield in place).

Thanks, Al

al_ferguson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #2
Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I've done it on a pair of Maravia cat tubes. You need to cut the fabric to get the base of the valve out, and then patch in the new base. If you're comfortable doing general fabric repair, it's a pretty easy process. If you don't like the idea of taking a razor blade to your boat, maybe find someone to do it for you.
I've never worked on a boat with a bladder, so can't help there.
There are definately valve adapters that work pretty well too. is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off