Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking > Kayaking | Gear Talk

Old 07-26-2016   #1
Enfield, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1990
comparing the Sevylorsk100ds to the aquaglide Klikitat...

Anyone tried these 2 boats on the water? Is there any major difference, or subtle ones, when paddling these in cl 3+/4?? They look like clones but surely there must be differences. I am looking at on water performance, not so much at build and outfitting.
Thanks for any opinions on this.

JIMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
The Aquaglide Klickitat drains very poorly. Its relatively narrow, smaller tubes, and unstable in big whitewater; ok for class 3; if you push into 3+/4 there will be more swims, less fun . Its more of a "crossover" kayak, for lakes and gentle whitewater.
Another thread on here someone said the Sevylorsk100ds drains well, which would be a big improvement over the Sevylor K2 River XDS. Where can you find Sevylorsk100ds any more though, aren't they discontinued?

More 2 person IK thoughts here:
Tributary Vs Aire
Which Inflatable Kayak?

wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
Enfield, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1990
I got mine 2 yrs back from a bunch that were advert. on Amazon. That was the last I heard of this. I am glad I got it though. Its my "play" IK along with my Tomcat for harder stuff.
JIMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off