lafayette, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
I have the camp chef everest 2 burner and a woodland blaster. Love the combination, but would go a partner 4 burner if cooking for 16 or 2 camp chefs.
__________________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #22
Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 2004
Walmart carries a $35 Ozark Trail two burner stove that I bought a few years ago because the guy who was supposed to bring a stove didn't bring his stove. I expected it to be junk, but it has become my favorite camp stove.

It folds up smaller than anything else I have seen, and it boils water for dishes in short order. They claim 20k BTU's, and there is enough room in the folded stove to pack a propane hose.

Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #23
The Old Troll
Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
On a past post on another similar thread someone had a stand that held two Woodland Power Stoves. Can't get it out of my mind. I have one and do most of my cooking on just the one. For a group two mounted on a stand would be downright orgasmic. A third for heating dishwater and you have unbelievable fire power. The best part is that it would all be modular. Use what you need and leave the rest in the dry box.
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #24
Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Originally Posted by TriBri1 View Post
Best money to BTUs I've found is the Camp Chief Everest 2. I have not picked one up, but it is on my wishlist. Camp Chef Everest 2-Burner Camp Stove - Free Shipping at

I second that. I have the Camp Chef All Terrain. Same great burners, but the everest is a much better design. The 20k burners heat water up in a hurry, but simmer down really well.
swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #25
irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
The Everest looks like a nice compact 2 burner. I have an old River Runner (when they made an all aluminum) with stainless burners, grill and 30,000 btu burners. I'm waiting for the day it'll quit and I can buy a Partner 4 burner break apart--problem is, it works perfectly after 12 years.
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #26
, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Big stoves

I have used commercially both brands (Camp Chef and Partner) Partner I used for 4 years running commercial multi day trips in Honduras and was the best compact "big stove" durable and folds down small. I currently use the 3 burner Camp chef. Yes it is a bit bulky and heavy but you can sauté with 3 x 12-14 inch pans no problem.
My vote: Non commercial large group organizer go Partner... Commercial where weight and size is a mute point Camp Chef.

MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote