Perimeter line possible pluses:
1) Place to hang onto to avoid being tossed from boat.
2) Assist holding onto a flipped boat while trying to get on top.
3) Help re-righting a flipped boat.
4) Place to lift boat from with many helpers and limited hand holds.
5) Can help holding shipped oars.
6) Additional attachment places for rope bags etc.
7) For paddle rafts without frames can spread stress in a pin pull recovery.
1) Limb entrapment could drown a person.
2) Trip hazard for those moving on/off a raft.
4) Best if tightened and that takes time.
= = = = = = = =
What did I miss?