Mountain Buzz banner

CALLING EXPERTS. I'm in trouble...How do I know what boat to use?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hockeymartin88 
#1 ·
Ok, so I owned a Jackson Fun 1 1/2 and i loved it, but now i'm 5'3 and 127 and getting heavier and a bit taller. Dont get me wrong, I'm not fat. I have a lot of build. Anyways, I want to run rivers (the youghs, cheat, new,) and some creeks like the big sandy. But I love to find a nice hole or wave and play. I was considering the new 2fun, but i like to be able to flat water ended and double pump and cartwheel. I was also considering a LL cr 80. I just don't know what to do. Help!

#2 ·
I have a Liquid Logic Biscuit 55 and it is the best play boat/river play boat I have ever paddled. Biscuit isn't ment for running rivers or do creeking, but that goes for almost all play boats, you just have to be an experienced paddler to handle a boat like this in big waters. I run big water rivers, holes, waves, flatwater play in the Biscuit, awesome boat. 10 out of 10 ranking on this boat.

#3 ·
With technique, you should be able to throw any of those boats down. What you really have to ask yourself, is which direction you want to move in for the next couple seasons. Will you be wanting to creek more and run harder stuff? If so, buy yourself a larger river runner and spend a little time learning how to throw it down. However, if you are looking to throw down big and dedicate your time to perfecting your routine for comps, obviously get something that will facilitate the progression. I know that doesn't really answer your question, but hopefully it will help you decide what YOU want. You will be able to throw down and river run (as well as some easy creeking) in any of the modern playboats and river-runners. The question is which do you want the boat to do naturally and which are you willing to settle for less on and make up for the shortcomings of the boat through your own paddling.

COUNT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.