Old 05-18-2013   #1
East, Idaho
building a rig

I've been checking out this website a lot as I try to build my rig, so thanks to y'all for the good info and good vibes.

Purchased this 14' 2011 RMR in Spring 2012 - $2100 + tax.
It has a used Bighorn II frame w' speedrail and DRE oar towers and DRE flip seat. Cobra Oarlocks about 76" w. - $400
I made the bench from some leftover AC ply, sample jar of stain, and on hand Helmsman urethane - $25
Sawyer Polecats w/ solid ash blade 10' - $275
3-piece spare - donated
flip-top seat - donated
NRS Wonderpump, cheapo Coleman elec pump, repair kit items, other misc. - $75
Used trailer 68"x 12' was looking for a light trailer to put behind awd magnum- $450
Recently purchased parts for trailer - not shown - EMT roll bar add-on, winch stand, new winch, strap, two new wheels and tires, misc. - $350

About $3800 bucks to get the raft to today. Thought I'd throw that out there for those wondering about building vs. buying a set-up. Spent last summer rigging and de-rigging, stoked to have a trailer for this season.

I think this is a great boat. Read some negative chatter about the floor being low/wet. I haven't experienced that at all and have had 7 people on the boat. I like the 2011 model they put a chafe strip all the way around the top and full wear on the bottom. Although they lapped the bottom wear strip backwards, if you want the valve in the front compartment.

This is mostly a family rig (w/ a 3 yr old) for short overnighter's, fishing mods to come, hopefully dryboxes and other goodies to come, too. Looking forward to longer overnighter's and permit trips as time and family allows.

Haven't tested it in heavy whitewater. I have driven maravia, wing, avon, dib, incept, aire, and nrs rafts and I think this boat obviously doesn't match up with the top dogs (not talking to you incept) but it would be comfortable at party with these other boats. Time will tell I guess. It tracks nice, if a little on the sluggish side. I gotta boat and I'm stoked.

The DRE flipseat is welded and drilled to make for a 19.625" clear compartment under the seat. What's supposed to fit there?

humorous digs and insightful suggestions for next add-ons welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0358[1].jpg
Views:	186
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	6277   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367[1].jpg
Views:	182
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	6278  

baseline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013   #2
Rocket boxes fit in a 19" drop. Let me know if you need soft goods or a table. Check out our products
oarboatman is offline   Reply With Quote