Old 05-04-2004   #1
Boat Recommendation

I lost my boat last spring and am in need of a new one. I am an intermediate to advanced boater but am not able to get out that much anymore and have no idea about what boats are out there these days. My size is 6'0 165lbs and I'm looking for a river running boat that I can surf and spin in and throw around a little. Anyone have any suggestions? Cheap is good too.

j_mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004   #2
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
I like my Big EZ a lot for river running and doing some play in holes, but unfortunately for us guys built like string beans, we're screwed when it comes to a boat we fit in and can throw down. I'm 6'1" and 175 and can't find a small playboat I can stand for more than 5 minutes.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004   #3
dropzone, Colorado
Might want to take a look at a pyranha s-6 200 if you are more into the play than the river-running part of the equation. I am 6'2" 190 and fit in my s-6 fine. It runs rivers real well and throws wave wheels like a champ. Plenty used available.
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #4
pnw, Washington
i would also check out the gride
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004   #5
The Turbo 52 is an awsome river runner that can be thrown around a little. I just posted another reply recomending this boat. I weigh about the same as you and found that this is the mosat enjoyable boat I have paddled second to the pyranah s6 200 for river play capabilities. Due to my situation I have not paddled anything from dagger, liquid logic or wavesprt lately so I cannot comment on those. The turbo is one of the fastest boats going around at the moment which makes it awesome for surfing and river running. Is also, I found, the easiest boat I have paddled to spin
bdian is offline   Reply With Quote