Old 10-05-2010   #11
White City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2008
Send a message via AIM to kayaker1976
I would also paddle a fluid before a bliss stick, wait I do paddle a fluid and love it, I've also paddled a bliss stick and hated it I sold that boat pretty fast. It was like paddling a box down river.

kayaker1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010   #12
Boulder, Colorado
demo the boats and figure out what you like, hagadorns mystic lasted forever! I probably went through 3 jefes in that time. I will tell you that jefes and nomads break (you will get about 100 days before you need a new one maybe 50-60 before it breaks unless all your running is the ark and gore then it will last WAY longer). Demo the boats then decide what boat you like, and remember all boats break. well maybe not prijons

tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010   #13
dtown, Colorado
Paddling Since: 07
not sure on the mystic, but a buddy of mine has paddled a huka (pre-mystic bliss stick creeker) and between class 5 east coast, and coming off the top of his truck going over a mt. pass, he's put it through enough for me to not question the durability of this boat.
dtownboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #14
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
MiniMystic Owner

I have paddled a Mini Mystic for 3 years now and I love it. I am 5'9" and 145lbs. It feels great and paddles nicely. Different folks will have different opinions, but I have seen plenty of cracked Jefe's. If you are interested in used I would sell mine for $500 it is in good shape. Only reason I am selling is because I am poor and need money!
BroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #15
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
More people paddle them therefore there are more broken..maybe boats being cracked has something to do with who's boating it....bigtimbermike out
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #16
I know a guy who was about your size and he said the Mystic was just to big to paddle more or less felt like a canoe to him I have a mini and love it however im a tiny paddler about 5'6" and 120lbs just paddle both of them
blissedkid89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #17
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
buy mine

gotta mystic for sale paddled once in Mexico.
benjicross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010   #18
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 99
Dtownboater, oddly enough I have had the same experience as your friend with my Huka. Mine is 5 years old and heavy as for being less than 8ft, but solid after an abusive lifetime (85mph onto I76 included). I kind of wish I could justify getting a newer, bigger boat but the principal bothers me.
But in regard to the Mystic, a few people I know have them and love them, and their boats are all a couple seasons old and healthy. One thing that takes some getting used to with Bliss Stick creekers is that the dramatic, bulbous rocker in the front causes it to get a little bounced around in waves. For pretty much any creeker, I think having a little extra length and volume is cushier.

mafro is offline   Reply With Quote