Old 04-18-2013   #11
Post Falls, Idaho
Originally Posted by Phil U. View Post
Here's a site with unbiased reviews. He's an unattached pro with the skills to review playboats like few others.

Kayak Reviews & Kayaks for Sale | Dustin Urban
I know dustins dad will flame me now. But he pitched his son so I gona put my .02 in pro reviews.

No way is a pro boater going to do anything or say anything about any company or boat that could be seen as negative at all period the end. Dustin is no exception. All his reviews are defaco biased. Like it or not.

As for top paddlers doing reviews; its pointless. High end paddlers know what they are getting into. They know what they want and don't want. They forget what its like to start out. Its new paddlers that need help from other new paddlers that remember what its like to start out. I can't tell you how many "Dustin Urbans" out there that will tell you what boat rocks, only to tell you 3 years later that "o ya, my bad, the boat was foot killer" or something. Remember the glowing reviews of the XXX from long ago??? That's the game.

Pro boaters are just out of touch with the common guy!

If you want to do a meaningful boat review to boaters who really need the good review. You need to grab 4 to 6 common every day boaters and get each one to contribute. Not just some hot shot kayaker that can style class 5.

Hope that wasn't overly negative and this is not a personal attack. Dustin is a alright guy. Its just that his advice has little relevance to the average boater like me.

ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules