Best Value Paddle? (ie Talk me out of a Werner) - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-27-2016   #31

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie D. View Post
Where can you still buy Lightnings? I've had a couple that lasted forever. Probably the closest to a Werner.
Lightning used to be run by Lee (?) in Hood River, OR. The blade layups were burly but thin, so light and responsive. my all time favorites, esp w/ the gradient blade.

I believe Robson bought them out when they closed down. You can special order Lightning paddles from your local shop. They are spendy, you won't save over a Werner. The blades are quite thick on the ones I've seen, not the lightweight finesse blade Lee made. but you can get the Gradient shape and their other unique blade designs. Quality is super if you don't mind the heavy layup.

That said, every 5 years I go get a $100 used Powerhouse from CL.

Though, thinking on it... I realize I have a virgin 60 degree Lightning I need to convert to 45 ... thanks for the inspiration to get that project going again.

slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement