Old 04-10-2006   #1
McCall, Idaho
Send a message via AIM to wwswampgirl
Best Creek Boat for my size?

I am in the market for a better creek boat but have difficulty finding one to fit well. I'm 5'3" 120 lbs. Currently checking into Eskimo Salto and Bliss-stick SCUD. I like Prijons Creeker 225 but the outfitting is of poor quality. I have a micro 235 and am not pleased with the performance. I have a Java back home in GA but costs too much to ship here. Any info on boats and performance would be greatly appreciated.

wwswampgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #2
Hey Dee you should check out the jefe. Maybe a little big, but it has sweet outfitting so you can really dial it in. Also, rethink the creeker 225 with a liitle work you can get the outfitting right. I have a nomad 8.1 which is really nice but i think it would be a litlte to much for your size. Also, there's always folks coming out from Ga. when the water starts runnin' . Check boatertalk there might be someone who could bring out your Java. Which probably is the best boat for your size. I from Ga. too where u from?

Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
try a huck. I know almost everyone says they don't like them, but all of those people that I have talked to are much bigger than me - I think alot of people would agree that it is a good creeker for a smaller paddler. I have paddle a Salto a number of times and that feels good to me, but still on the larger end of what I would like to paddle. I am 5' 8" and 150lbs. The huck is best on low volume creeks and not as good in big water - so you also might consider what kind of water you are paddling on. I also had an H2 for a while and that definately maneuvers better than the micros, so you might consider an H2/H3 235 if you prefer the big water stuff.
huckTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #4
Ah yeah the LL Huck. That's a nice call huker. But, I have to say that I owned one for a season and never liked it. Too bobbie for me if you know what i mean. It just never wanted to resuface evenly. Always seemed to be all over the place when punching holes. just my 2 cents Diggs
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #5
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey Dee,

You might want to check out the Small Fluid Solo?? I'm a little taller (5'8") and a little heavier (10-20 lbs) than you, and love mine:

Also, the guys who suggested Hucks as good boats for smaller folks are in line with exactly what I've observed here (SE). I haven't paddled one myself, but two of the better boaters (both happen to be smaller guys (5'8"-ish/ 155-165 lbs)) I know are paddling Hucks and making those boats look good out there.
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #6
pnw, Washington
Fedex Ground, ship your java
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006   #7
Scud and Huka And Mystic

Sorry I can't write you more info just had hand surgery on my hand 3 days ago. I have a huka, and scud to demo, my other scud and mystic will be here this week or next depending on customs. Go to clickon USA huka$750 scud and mystic are $850 plus 1/2 price playboat deal going on now.
mike paris
mparis at comcast dot net
mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #8
McCall, Idaho
Send a message via AIM to wwswampgirl
Thanx for all the info. Looks like some demoing is in order. By the way Digger, I'm from Atlanta and in Aspen at present. Hope to be looking at some of the newer playboats as well this year. Paddle a Kingpin 6.1 for last 3.5 years or so and love it. Just want to try something different!
wwswampgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #9
Focus on your own damn family, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
Gh - what the heck do you know about Fed Ex. Do they really ship boats??
cbrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #10
pnw, Washington
I think you know the answer to that but Fedex express will ship some of the smaller playboats but its not the cheapest option since they charge by dimension as well as weight. Fedex Ground on the other hand is who sports express uses. Ground will ship any boat and the rates are reasonable.

gh is offline   Reply With Quote