Old 03-02-2010   #1
Taos Ski Valley, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2006
Best C1 kit for an allstar?

Looking to convert an allstar hull into C1. NO innards are intact. Anybody have a good kit that is reasonable to get it going without me having to buy tons of closed cell foam blocks? Would also be interested in the guts to the boat (for traditional K1 again) if anybody has a broken jackson laying around or other advice for the bulkheads and center pillar to get a seat in this empty boat of mine!

hansvhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010   #2
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
a new c1

i just finished outfitting a ll remix 79 into a c1. there are some pics in my albums. i used a dagger pedestal and it went in pretty much seamlessly. i am using a double thigh strap system and the pedestal isn't glued to the hull at all. i built it this way because all the other c1's that i've built out of foam are destined to remain that way, and really hard to get rid of locally! those pedestals are fairly easy to come by. there is a c boats forum at - C1 B1!, seems that you could find one there. i just took my boat on the salt last week and besides some minor modifications the outfitting and boat were superb!
the dagger pedestal is a quick and easy way to convert a kayak into a c1. i've kept the original outfitting in case i want to resell the boat, so far i think it will stay with me for a long time! it is a little heavier than the foam approach but for ease of transferring to another boat i'll take that. i may eventually glue mini foam pads to the corners of the pedestal just to be rock solid, but maintain the ease of removal. up to class 4 it handled perfectly and i'm not going to change anything unless i feel it slipping.
You deserve a good paddling!
coloradopaddler is offline   Reply With Quote

c-1, conversion kit, jackson, mini-cell, play boat