Ball style quick release buckle source? (like on PFD/NRS waist throwbag) - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking > Kayaking | Gear Talk

Old 08-05-2017   #1

Professional Transient, See above.
Ball style quick release buckle source? (like on PFD/NRS waist throwbag)

Does anyone know where I can get a ball quick release buckle like those on a Type V PFD rescue tether? No clue where to source one. Preferably a smaller one for something down around 1" wide webbing/material.

I keep working on bringing in the ultralight backpacking approaches to multiday kayaking. Makes the hiking less brutal, boat is lighter for better paddling...

I'm going to play around making my own waist throwbag out of cuben fiber.

Hyperlite Mountain Gear makes one, though 1) it's two separate bags, 2) only takes " rope (which hurts my hands/hard to use w/ prussiks when I really need it), 3) isn't available without the rope, 4) has no quick release buckle on the waist- I'm not excited about that for stuff I wear on my body.

Any information would be great on finding a buckle! I'm going to email NRS and Astral as well to see what they say.

Cheers!
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-05 at 7.23.10 PM.png
Views:	66
Size:	862.5 KB
ID:	21194  

st2eelpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2017   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Look at wildwasser's.

Its a light weight dry bag with a good amount (65'?) of 5/16 spectra in it. It has a webbing belt with quick release, and it quick releases to the webbing belt. I've been wearing one for 15 years, though not the same one. The weight savings of the rope being dry is a pleasure. It is always on your person, and you can fit a couple carabiners and a prussic in it of you pack it well.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017   #3

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by st2eelpot View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a ball quick release buckle like those on a Type V PFD rescue tether? No clue where to source one. Preferably a smaller one for something down around 1" wide webbing/material.

I keep working on bringing in the ultralight backpacking approaches to multiday kayaking. Makes the hiking less brutal, boat is lighter for better paddling...

I'm going to play around making my own waist throwbag out of cuben fiber.

Hyperlite Mountain Gear makes one, though 1) it's two separate bags, 2) only takes " rope (which hurts my hands/hard to use w/ prussiks when I really need it), 3) isn't available without the rope, 4) has no quick release buckle on the waist- I'm not excited about that for stuff I wear on my body.

Any information would be great on finding a buckle! I'm going to email NRS and Astral as well to see what they say.

Cheers!
Dave
Outdoor Hardware - Buckles, Zippers & More - Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics (OWF)

Navigate from Metal hardware to Plastic hardware in the top row of tabs, then select ' Cam Buckles ' ( Default ) Then drill an 1/8" hole a ways back in the releasing thing, secure a bit of perlon cord and ball or object of choice

Hint : Get patching fabric, elastic cord, other nylon hardware, etc. on the same shipping dime.
ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bag