Old 05-30-2013   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
ATX or AT2

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I have used an AT2 Flexi for years and loved it until she finally succumb to my ham fist abuse. I ordered another AT2 from CKS but bless those bastards hearts they sent me an ATX Flexi . ATX is a beautiful piece of work and may be better for me, per se, as I paddle a heavy boat and mostly river run and run Boulder Creek.

But I am afraid I won't like it plainly because its not like my beloved AT2 and my shoulder muscles are atrophied from nerve damage and no matter what paddle I use my trap muscles are aching by the end of the day. I am afraid I can't tolerate pulling additional water with the ATX. My other thought is with the ATX I may need less strokes if I am applying the tool efficiently and end up better off.

I called AT and talked to a nice fellow there about the design shape goal of each, so I understand all that now. He said he loved paddling with the ATX allot but would not give up the paddle he owned for nothing, which was the AT2....

Anybody have experience with both of these units? Switched from one to the other because of any specific reasons?

I know I sound like a sniveler but the paddle stroke is a big enjoyment for me.

possumturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I had an ATX for a long time and liked it. I like the AT2 better. I think the blades are too big on the ATX, and not the right shape for play boating. I think the AT2 is better for playboating and creeking.

I think you will probably be happy with the ATX, but the AT2 is just a little better.
Claytonious is offline   Reply With Quote