Old 05-27-2005   #1
Anyone paddled an LL Vision?

How would this boat compare, say, to an EZG, Jackson Fun, Riot Turbo or Necky Chronic? Anyone paddled the lot?

Looking for a downriver play and park and play with very good hull speed that surfs, blunts, cartwheels and spins with ease.

gard_nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005   #2
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I haven't paddled the rest of the boats you mentioned but I can tell you the vision is way playful. At 2 hundo I was pretty squirrled in the V56, but it was real fun in a hole. Didn't get to a wave. Had to sell room for my feet. That's another thing...LL website says max paddler size is 35" inseam and size 12.5 feet. That's about exactly me and I was so crammed in there it hurt...BAD. Not normal kayak foot pain but serious, debilitating, I must get out now hurt. If you're normal kayaker size you're all set. I was sad to see it go.

BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #3
I really like my Vision 56. Fast on the wave and great in holes. You do not notice the edge paddling downriver just on the wave and really in holes. It is like power steering in a sticky hole. You can zip back and forth very easily. The edge is unforgiving on slow waves - shoshone's "All Day wave" but kick ass on fast ones - "South Canyon". Loops great and Cartwheels great. I am 5'10" 185 inseam 30" and size 10. The rib on the outside of the foot requires the use of shoes or some well placed foam.

By comparison, Faster than the EZG on the wave, I have only paddled the 4 fun briefly similiar hull speed but outfitting is way better, More like the vibe than the chronic, Have not paddled the Turbo. It is similar to the ZG but with more central volumne for bigger loops and easier cartwheeling.

friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote