Old 08-01-2005   #1
Anyone paddle a Prijon Cross??

This boat looks pretty cool and I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on it....

wsuboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I demo'd one this spring. It is a very fast stable boat. punches stuff well and tracks well.

One complaint I had was the height of the back deck. the area right behind the cockpit rim was raised too high. It seemed like it might cause a back injury if you wee forced all the way back. THat is probably not too real an issue, but it made me concerned.

Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005   #3
What kind of water did you paddle it in? It looks kind of like an H:3 that would be good for rivers or creeks.
Old 08-02-2005   #4
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
It is marketed at the same market at an H3 (big water RR / creek baot). I took it down Black rock and used it to run safety on #s for some rowers.

If you are in the market for a boat of that description, I'm sure it would last years longer than a Pyranha.
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005   #5
There is a Demo Cross at Confluence Kayaks going for 750.00 in real good shape.
Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #6
Indian Hills, Colorado
Are you a Chewlies Gum representative?
DanOrion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005   #7
No, I'm not a gum representative.... if it was me you were talking to. I was just looking for some info because I'm looking at getting a new creeker was looking to see if anyone had paddled the cross.
Old 08-18-2005   #8
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Gum on the run

He doesn't work with gum, but he is a cancer merchant. (CLERKS)

The Cross is a cool boat. I'm sure it's Prijons #1 seller in WW this season. When I first looked at it "Clear Creek" came to mind. It looked like the perfect front range creeker. Something that would handle class V and still be fun to take down some easier runs. It's a little too small to handle a ton of overnight gear, but it would be fun to take down OBJ.

Prijon's HTP plastic (super strong) and clean outfitting. Nice rocker profile and it's fast. One of the fastest boats I've paddled. Much faster than I would have thought. It felt a little high in the stern, for quick backdeck rolls. But, that's just something I noticed the first time I was in the boat showing someone how to roll. This could be fixed by adding a little padding to the top of the seat. Which might also be nice to replace the thin factory seat cover.

The Cross is well worth taking a look. Might be the perfect Gore boat for this weekend. Fast, strong, and turns on a dime
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005   #9
Ended up getting one, its an amazing boat. Turns just as fast as my old huck but is tons faster and punches holes. Plus it has that sweet Prijon plastic. Got to test it on some good BC runs last weekend and I am very impressed. With all of the hype (though deserved) that the Jefe is getting this one slipped in under the radar!