Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking > Kayaking | Gear Talk

Old 04-21-2010   #1
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1997
Anyone have old "heavy duty" (red stem) Halkey Roberts Valves?

Does anyone have any of these older Red Halkey Roberts Valves (the long ones, not the newer "low profile") and you don't need them?

I can't find a source for replacement valves.

BLott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #2
long h/r valves history/availability

they were used originally only on various models of sotar/jpw/maravia/low production-custom boats,etc.,mostly late 80's-early 90's.the factory stopped making them at least a decade ago----hence your(and others) problem.sotar sells rebuilt ones,only as they find them,and not sun fried beyond use.and you cant go by just the red stem,either when looking for a replacement,to get from another boat---stems were all colors,even matching the lighter duty,shorter version 690BV models(which is the same # molded on the deep model,so you cant go by that either!!!).you'll know a deep valve,when you grab the backside of one thru a deflated tube,or if youre lucky enuff to have an original nozzle that fits only that model valve.in other words,treat your valves as gold,or be prepared to cut out and replace them!!!on a more positive note,while they last---new 690BV deep valves--$45 ea/---new deep air nozzle,or new deep valve cap,or nice new steel socket tool(use w/a screwdriver,for leverage,that'll remove either the obsolete,original short 690BV(the more common one on lots of older inflatables),or these obsolete long,deep 690BV models,also.allows you to properly remove/maintain your obsolete valves!!!)--$20 ea/.hope this helps....

btt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010   #3
deep halkey-roberts valve update

thanx to your support;i only have,all new, 3 valves/4 nozzles/12 tools left,now(great steel,multi-tooth,tool to maintain/clean your valves,presently).treat your valves as gold!
btt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #4
conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1976
need Halkey Roberts 690BV Deep valves

i need a pair of the above valves for my old sotar tubes. do you have any?

krakeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #5
Western, North Carolina
Check out my thread over at this page. Maybe some of the info I jsut posted can help you get yours back into shape.

Freshening up a Roberts Halkey valve?
hans747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011   #6
conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1976
refurbished valves

sotar has 19 of these refurbished valves. they're $50 bucks.

krakeld is offline   Reply With Quote