Old 02-13-2010   #1
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Paddling Since: 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to RollTide614
Any suggestions?

I have only been paddling a year now, and I have decided it is time to buy my own boat. I have paddled a few Jackson and Liquid Logics, but that is all. One of my friends suggested a Liquid Logic Remix 59. I am slightly clueless on this whole situation, so I was wondering who had any good suggestions. I am not looking for a playboat, just a good solid river runner. I am 6'0" and about 170 lbs. Any help is appreciated.

RollTide614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010   #2
x, x
Paddling Since: x
you might like the burn by pyranha or something from prijon, both strong plastic and weldable, are ll weldable? i dont know, jackson has a linear plastic now as well. hero is my boat of choice. I will always buy jackson.

bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010   #3
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey man I saw you were from T-town. I live in denver now but I moved from near Jasper AL. You might know this but if not check out It is the moutainbuzz of alabama. Forum, gear swap and run index. It is a very busy forum and a great community. Lots of boats for sale. Also Gavin, lives in guntersville and is the rep for fluid. he is at all events in alabama like NAWF fest and the locust races which are going on this weekend. Lastly check out Alabama Small Boats. They are really good to the community down there. Good luck. Personal suggestion would be a burn or remix great all around boats that allow you to creek, since that is what alabama is all about, and they have some edge to learn to surf and play a little.
jnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010   #4
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Paddling Since: 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to RollTide614
Thanks for all the help guys, I will check out that website, and I plan on attending NAWF this year as well as the Mulberry Fork races soon. I have been to AL Small Boats before in Helena, but that was before I was serious about paddling so I will have to visit again.
RollTide614 is offline   Reply With Quote