Old 01-07-2010   #1
North Wales, United Kingdom
Paddling Since: 2009

I've been using a Pyranha AMMO for the past five months and i like it quite a lot but i've always fancied a BURN so i got one about a month ago and to be honest i prefer it to the AMMO. One of my mates bought a Liquid Logic Biscuit 65 because he fancied a play boat but can't get on with it at all he now wants to get rid of it so it's got me thinking.He's offered to do me a swap for my AMMO we both paid around the same price for them both so no one would be loosing out money wise but the only thing i'm concerned about is after sale value is the Biscuit worth as much as my AMMO with it being the largest one would it be as easy to sell as my med AMMO cos a few people have asked me to sell it now that i have the BURN.Everyone keeps advising me to get rid of the AMMO and get myself a playboat because the AMMO is similar to the BURN but i find them totally different to paddle and i'm finding it hard to part with it.Is the Biscuit a top end playboat or is it at the lower end.I would be totally new to playboating so would this be a good boat to have to learn in . I am in the right weight range for it.Basically what i'm asking is,is this a good deal for me to do or would i be better off selling the AMMO and getting a different playboat to the Biscuit.

Michelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010   #2
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
If it helps at all I am looking for a used biscuit 65 right now, I haven't been able to find one so I assume there is some pent up demand. I wouldn't be too concerned with the resale value.

I sure wouldn't want both the ammo and burn because of their similarity and would take your friends advice on selling one.

Its a tough decision whether you want a biscuit or are going to take the inevitable advice of buying a jackson star series instead or any of the other boats out there.

eklars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
The Ammo has more value if in similar condition than a Biscuit of the same year. Boats depreciate a little, and play boats are cheaper than creekers. The biscuit should be a fine play boat for you, and with a Burn, you really don't need the Ammo. I might ask him for $100 dollars along with the trade, or a fat bag, or a few cases of pbr...
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010   #4
Take the Biscuit for sure, you'll love it. Sounds like a fair trade to me.

ross is offline   Reply With Quote