Old 10-15-2009   #1
Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Aire Warranty is for real

I just want to give an attaboy to Aire. My '02 Ocelot had a long (like 4 feet) slice/gouge from an unfortunate slide into a put-in. I called them, sent it in, and had it back with a bomber 2 sided, welded patch within a week, including shipping time. Back on the river in time for Washington's rainy season. The no fault warranty is for real.

swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009   #2
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
That's been my experience also. The two times I've had to send stuff in for repair they've always been polite, professional and above all else fast. Great company to deal with!

slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009   #3
The Russian
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Do you guys know if Maravia backs their product the same as AIRE?
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #4
Richmond, Virginia
Paddling Since: 1990
No joke

I recently set my 2007 Aire puma down in the gravel parking lot at the local take out. Unbeknownst to me some total Jacka** had just smothered a campfire and buried it in the gravel right there. It was still hot and after putting the raft down and then tipping it up to untie flip lines was wondering why gravel was sticking to the bottom of my boat. Got the boat home and called Aire they said send it in and we will check it out and replace any bladders if needed and patch inside to strengthen that area. They then asked me to open the zippers and have a look at the bladder. Went to do that and the top half of the zipper car came of in my hand with them on the phone. They said don't worry we'll pay to have the raft shipped to us and we will fix all the zippers, and check out the raft. How sweet is that!

Can't beat it
Lax71vcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #5
Prescott, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2008
Ducky currently in AIRE's hands

I recently shipped my 2000 AIRE Lynx II to them for a patch repair (previous one was poorly done by a prior owner), leaky floor bladder, leaky side cell, and some pretty serious lacerations on the bottom. Got a call from them last week that all has been repaired/reinforced and it's ready to be shipped home. Great company. Super friendly and responsive. Can't wait to get the IK back on the water. All this on a 9-year-old boat. All it cost me was the shipping.
rising.sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #6
Pine, Colorado
My 2007 tomcat IK had a seam fail on a bladder. I contacted Aire to see how much a replacement would cost. They sent me a new one FOC! Even though it was out of warranty. Their explanation was that it shoudn't have failed on the seam. Now that's customer service.

English Bob is offline   Reply With Quote