Old 04-26-2012   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I ended up switching to an NRS frame for the reasons I stated earlier- seems to work out better for a small boat than the others, due to the 8" NRS oar towers and connector frames (ones without bent corners) work better to make the boat a 1 or 2 person affair. for one person, you can just remove the front bar, and slide the whole thing forward, or reconfigure the seating positions like in the second pic below of my old trib 9.5) with frames with bent corners, the seat has to remain at the back of the frame, and you pretty much have only one configuration you can use.

Oh yeah, I started with 8.5 oars, cut them to 8.25, and now they are 8ft. I don't like the feeling of the overly long oars that some like here. I prefer to be closer to the 1/3 in 2/3rds out rule.

I also recommend using the AAA kickbar for the little boat instead of the NRS one. this allows you to put the kickbar in the front for a one-man idaho style set-up with out having to put one more bar on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20111101_140150.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	4576   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0081.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	4577  

Whoapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #12
Golden, Colorado
I like the setup with what you me about the NRS frame and the being able to switch rather quickly. Thanks for the info hopefully I can find some good used oars for a resonable price

gobigohome is offline   Reply With Quote