Old 09-02-2009   #1
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2007
2010 Jackson Superstar

Anyone demo one? Did you find it just as roomy or more cramped compared to the 08 model? I currenty roll with a 08 superstar, is the inseam the same? I have a 36" inseam & size 13 feet.

Aroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
love'n mine

I'm 6'3'' 200 lbs, size 13 foot, 36 inseam too.
I love mine!

Plenty of room, the knees are up more then they were outward, I'm still very comfortable in mine. It feels faster, easier to caught waves on the fly, edgier on the surf for cutting back and forth. Just as easier, if not easier to do bow and stern stalls in flat water. I can get cartwheels in shallow holes that I couldn't in the past because of the shorter ends on the boat.

Problems/dislikes, the footbag moves around a lot on me, i thing I'm going to glue some foam on the sides of the bag to help create walls to hold it in place. The other problem I've found, because its a shorter boat, when I paddle forward with speed the nose dives, or just can't keep water from splashing over the bow, and I have to fight hard to keep the bow up.

If you love to playboat, then you're in for a treat. I think you'll love the upgrades. If you are a little more on the river running side, I would stay in your present boat.

aviyaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009   #3
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2007
I ended up buying a new superstar. I was able to get a great deal that I could not pass up.

I took it out last night for the first time. In order to get in it I have to put the seat all the way back. I kept the sweet cheeks in but I fit better with them out. They have since been removed. I never had them in my 08 superstar either. Overall I like the boat. Its more comfortable right off the batt. In the 08 it was about a inch from the back. I also like how I have room to pop my knee out of the braces while in the boat. I couldn't do that in my 08.

Should the 2010 superstar float me more level & higher in the water than my 08? I think it does because the stern has more volumne. Sucks being almost 6'-5" & 220lbs.

I also tried the Mon-star. It's way more comfortable but I still needed to have the seat pretty far back. I personally think its just way too much volumne for a play boat for someone 210lbs to 220lbs. I am still learning how to bow/stern stall & I don't think the mon-star is a good boat for me to learn in & progress as a playboater. Am I off base on thinking that?

Can't wait to get it out more.

It also rolls easier than my 08. I believe that's because the knees are higher & the boat is more rounded & less edgy.
Aroberts is offline   Reply With Quote