Old 08-19-2010   #1
denver, Colorado
2 fun or fun?

I'm new to kayaking and I would like to know which kayak would be right for me?
I really like the sound of the Jackson fun series however I cannot try them out for sizing so I do not know which one is right for me.

I am 5'7", my in-seam is 30", my weight is 133lbs (give it a few under or over by the time I can afford the kayak) and my foot size is 8.

I would like to fit well in the kayak but not outgrow it quickly and as I'm only 16 I still have time to grow so I don't know which I should buy, the 2fun or the fun?

I would really appreciate any help

jonnym149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #2
Your Mom!, Colorado
Just go to Confluence Kayaks. They likely have all the Fun sizes in stock, and they will definitely help you fit the right boat.

However, honestly, take some classes and demo demo demo demo demo. You will only find the right boat, both size and feel by trying out as many as possible.

JeremyTheMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #3
Erie, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Get a Fun not a 2 Fun - It will handle bigger water better and last you longer as you grow.
CUBuffskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #4
denver, Colorado
thanks, would the 2007 fun be too big for me though? I'm aware that it's bigger that the new series, but I haven't got much clue about it at all
jonnym149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #5
Provo, Utah
I am 6' 2" ish and about 150 lbs with a 34 inseam. The fun is right at the cusp of being too small for me in terms of leg room. The boat is a lot of fun (no pun intended) and quite possibly the most comfortable boat I have ever paddled. Very easy to roll and fairly stable.

Can't help you on the 2007 Fun sizing, but I would recommend the 08-09 or 2010 fun. I paddle the 08-09 model.
afaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #6
Have paddled a Quest
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
I'm 150lb, 5'4", 28" inseam. The 2008 2Fun fits me well, but I am on the top end of the weight limit, so the performance is compromised a bit. If you had to make a choice between the two sight unseen, it sounds like the Fun would provide better fit and performance. Best would be to demo them, though, and other boats as well, then make up your mind.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote

2fun, fun, jackson, size, white water kayak