Old 03-22-2010   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
wood in" Upr "Clear Creek spring cleaning

There is a log bridged across the channel about a third of the way between Double Knife and Terminator near the line climbers clip into to cross the creek and a car hood or truck bedliner pinned against the rock next to Terminator or Terminator Jr..They may be bypassable/always been there .The log may break free and cause a problem somewhere else or collect a woodpile rendering part of this,the best segment of the 3 class IV runs on Clr.Crk.imo,a portage,maybe not but i'd just as soon remove it.I think two guys could do it if one got wet.Don't get your head blown off .people shoot guns around there.

We are planning on cleaning Lefthand soon.I'll cruise Bear Creek ,pull out little stuff post if there is big stuff that needs chainsaws anywhere.Who's got what?

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #2

The next zone, .
Good job boys.. Great to log on (no pun intended) and see not one but 2 threads about a little spring cleanin !!

Tis the time to clean your local creek...

Get er done!

Old 03-23-2010   #3

Golden, Colorado
Also a log in the usual spot on Lower Clear Creek in the Screaming Quarter mile. I clean that spot just about every year but I'm getting old. I'm getting tired of being the 200th paddler down lower CC and being the only one to eddy out and get the log out of there. Somebody else can do it this year

Easy enough to pull out with one person. Right side about 1/2 way down on the biggest rock in the rapid that has a 8ft channel on the right side that always catches a log or two. It is a hazard to swimmers trying for the right hand bank (the wrong side, but it happens all the time once it gets to > 1000 cfs).
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Just post when you want to do some cleaning and I'll show up. Also bring some others with me. I don't feel bad about others not helping (or at least too bad about it), it's just river karma.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote