Old 03-27-2006   #31

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
The revival of this thread makes me hungry for chinese food.

I named my dog "X-terra". Yeah...she's pretty extreme.

Old 04-05-2006   #32

Business Help

I am newbie and asking for advice. I applied as recruiter manager at JobQueen, they promise to pay $87,000.00/year. I would like to know how can I get quality sales reps in China. So if you want to help me out please contact me direct at my email: kimwongshu@yahoo.com

johndoe1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006   #33

Front Range, "Beautiful Colorado"
Paddling Since: 1996
Your all nutts, dog owners and non dogg owners.
with the exception of dog owners leaving their dogs in the car on hot ass days. Punish those dinks....

Why does everything result in laws. I'm a non smoker and this new state wide law annoys me as a business owner. Tax me instead, so that I have the right to make the decision. Although your still influenceing my decision, it's still my decision... Once a law is on the books it stays for a long time. Laws on the books don't come off easily.

Why not tax the dog owners? You have parking meters in dtown that have you pay to get the parking ticket, have a similar thing for the dog owners at the play parks. Where after you pay you get a ticket to place on your dogs collar. The money's can be used to deal with it then, maybe build a dog frienly hole with a kennel area, or put it into repairing the parks features, etc. . Laws are good but to many idiots are out there trying to enact dumb ass ones. Why must we join this crew?

Whitewater entusiasts are a small group and tightly knitt crew with mb's like this. Can't we use our heads to come up a solution with this park and play senario???

Stop making this personal and offer a good way to deal with it. non dog owners don't need to come up with the ideas the dog owners do and the rest will have to agree. Otherwise we lose all freedoms... beyond just the dog issue.......
Old 04-29-2006   #34
&d

gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
dedicated dogs

Just like people, some dogs are incompetant as either members of society or as (doggy)paddlers. Just like in river running, oversimplimatic, systematic approaches to lifes obstacles will run into innumerable barriers.

Just my two sense, I love my dog, he obeys strangers, but that took about five months of my undivided attention to arrange.
&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #35

Heffer

He Jeffro I Think you are a big fat smelly pussy that never calls me anymore! Just kidding. You have a dog now?? That is way to much responibility isn't it? We found a new playspot over here. It's way sicker than those front range piece o shit holes! Have fun in AK.
Alex Hotze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #36
Emma's Rivers

Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Hey, These Guys are Great! They have to follow alot of Stupid Asses down River, get very little pay, and have to deal with the idiots that don't even know what a PFD is. Cut them some slack. Someday, you may be looking forward to seeing them.
mizzcurrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #37

The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcurrent View Post
Hey, These Guys are Great! They have to follow alot of Stupid Asses down River, get very little pay, and have to deal with the idiots that don't even know what a PFD is. Cut them some slack. Someday, you may be looking forward to seeing them.
Way to bring back a two year old thread...
Old 04-15-2008   #38

grand junciton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1492
To clarify:

Dogs are allowed at westwater. You are not allowed to leave them alone while you have a good time. (you might have gotten this from your childhood: when your mom went to go whore around and left you alone as a child; therefore you do the same with your dog). Dogs will not be allowed if people let them off the leash around the put-in and take-out, and do not pick up there shit.

As for the comments about the rangers: If they have been a hard ass towards you, you deserve it. They have a job to keep the place in check, and when you fuc# up they should ban you a$$ so people that respect the area and rules can take your lame a$$ spot.

For future dog runners: Keep it cool and control you dog and pick up there shit.

If you do not like dogs around the river, go back to the east-slope or front range, or better yet go back to the midwest where your trick a$$ came from.

Peace
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #39

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I hate to continue a 2-yr old post but.....

Also of note to remember is a new rule that's probably not in the stipulations you receive with the permit - if you wake up the ranger partying the night before, you'll launch last (if at all).

They're enforcing the 10 pm quiet time very strictly these days so if you want to party til you puke, camping elsewhere is recommended.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #40

The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Hey Andy,

Good hitting the water with you a few weeks back.

Matt R.