Old 07-21-2005   #21

It's a shame, imo to see the childish behavior shown toward this issue. If you don't want to abide buy the regs for Westwater, go somewhere else or accept the consequences like an adult.

WAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #22

Searching...
After looking over this thread, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one at work slacking off. Maybe everyone needs to get off the computer and go outside or something. And respect from all sides would be another great idea. Yes there are some idiots out there who take their dogs places and either have no control over the dog or choose to have no control over the dog. Either one is wrong. By the same token, anyone who drives recklessly without a turn signal, cutting people off should be lynched. No seriously, they should. They are just an accident waiting to happen to someone else.

What it boils down to is respect for everyone, including the dogs, and taking responsibility for your actions, before they lead to negative consequences.

Hope all the spelling and punctuation was right, since I'm being graded.

Doug Poudre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005   #23

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I love dogs...they taste like chicken. General Tso's Chicken.
Old 03-27-2006   #24
Anonymous

kewl topic guys
Old 03-27-2006   #25

"Denali! Denali! get back here, don't cross the avalanche slope." (screamed very loudly all day )

"Lochsa! Lochsa! Bad boy, Lochsa!" (screamed even louder by yet another dog owner that only thinks they have voice control of their dog)

"(insert stupid outdoor name here)! don't fight/steal food!"

Most dog owners really annoy me when they bring them in the backcountry and to the river.
soylent green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #26

I love dogs, but I do agree with Philbob. There are some dogs that I would gladly welcome anywhere I go, including the river, but the vast majority would greatly degrade the outdoor experience for me.

I stepped in dog crap 4 times last year - two times at the Golden whitewater park, and twice while hiking. Once I rode over a pile of crap with my bike, but didn't know about it until I threw the bike in my Subaru and then got to smell it for 3 months. Dog feces is NO LESS disgusting than human feces, and I'm pretty sure it would be a problem if I started craping all over the high-traffic paths, parks, sidewalks, and put-ins, so why do SOOOO many dog owners leave these little land mines to ruin someone else's day?

I also did NOT appreciate it when I was camping a few years back and someone else's beloved pets decided to use my brand new tent as a urinal for the weekend. This is ridiculous, folks, and I find it disturbing that so many dog owners are calling US the selfish ones.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer
This is ridiculous, folks, and I find it disturbing that so many dog owners are calling US the selfish ones.
Hmmmmmm.......
Sounds similar to the public smoking/secondhand smoke issue.
soylent green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #28
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
ah dude, dont get me started on annoying ass dog owners and their outdoorsy names. What about "Lhotse", "Chaco" or Yukon?! Lame!

I tried to get as far away from that as I could and named him after a conglomerate of Nascar names.
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #29

I'd like to see someone free my buddy's old dog. The only thing getting free would be a turd in some dude's pants.
matty1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006   #30

dogs

haven't we been thru this one already? i think i've read this same thread through the years a few times now.

isn't there a more worthwhile topic to bitch about?

Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote